PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us that apply when you upload content to the Aston Villa FC website at www.avfc.co.uk (our site), make contact with other users on our site, link to our site or interact with our site in any other way. . This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Who we are?
www.avfc.co.uk is a site operated by or on behalf of Aston Villa Football Club Limited, Aston Villa Foundation and Aston Villa Women’s Football Club Limited (we or us).
Aston Villa Football Club Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 3375789 and we have our registered office and main trading address at Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 687 8898 30. We are a limited company.
Aston Villa Foundation is registered in England and Wales under company number 8589263 and charity number 1152848 and have our registered office at Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE. We are not VAT registered. We are a company limited by guarantee.
Aston Villa Women’s Football Club Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 8414046 and have our registered office at Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 687 8898 30. We are a limited company.
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept, and agree to abide by, the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Our Terms of Website Use also apply to your use of our site.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
· To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website Use.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
o any software used in the provision of our site; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
· Social Media feeds.
· Live Customer Services Chat facilities.
· Commenting (on content pieces, in real-time or otherwise).
· (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). Please remember that these services are not private and that your comments will be in the public domain.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
The Club will determine, in its discretion, whether a contribution breaches the content standards.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
· Be for your own personal use and not for commercial gain.
· Contributions must not:
o Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
o Contain any material which is unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
o Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
o Contain any material which is harmful, pornographic, harassing, racially or ethnically offensive or which would in any way violate or infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy).
o Promote sexually explicit material.
o Include child sexual abuse material.
o Promote violence.
o Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
o Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
o Be likely to deceive any person.
o Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
o Promote any illegal activity.
o Be in contempt of court.
o Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
o Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
o Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
o Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
o Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
o Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
o Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
o Be or contain anything which is technically harmful, including without limitation, computer viruses in any form.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude our liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.